Beware of Demon-Pigs

Last night I dreamed about a demon-pig. Yes, you read me right. There was this little pink pig and it was going around breathing fire on people and killing them.

But here’s the kicker: It had the power of invisibility. And I was the only one who saw it killing. In my dream, I was a little girl. Every time I saw the pig kill someone, it disappeared. And so I felt helpless to stop it. I wandered around in a state of anxiety, watching the pig kill, powerless.

Until, I realized that I should tell God! So, in my dream, I told my mom. Who, I guess was the channel to God or something. You know what my mom said? She told me that innocent people had died because I had been afraid to tell about the pig until this moment. How’s that for guilt on a little kid? But of course, I’m not a little girl; I’m a 39 year old little girl. So what do I do? I remember that scripture in 1 John about He who is in me is greater than he who is in the world.

So I decide that my fear has really messed things up and from now on I’m going to act like someone who believes God is greater than any evil force. Even a demon-pig. So…I’m walking down the street and I see the demon-pig in a store window. He’s trying to pretend he’s some cute stuffed pig or something. I stop. Point my finger at him through the window. And start yelling, “You’re dead! You’re dead!” Over and over at the demon-pig.

Next thing I know, I’m being gently shaken. This is real time now. My husband’s voice says, “Honey, are you all right?”

“Huh?”

“Are you all right?”

I guess I was screaming out loud at the demon-pig in my sleep. It must have alarmed my husband to hear me mumbling over and over, “You are dead.” But I think it sounded something more like this: “Yojmlmmm a…r emmammbbbreerrsa”.

“I’m fine”, I tell him. “Just a dream.”

Next morning I told him the content of my dream and he looked at me like I was crazy.

So…

This dream disturbs me.

I keep asking God, “What do you mean by giving me a dream about a demon-pig?”

Of course, I go to the Bible and read the story about Jesus sending the evil spirits into that bunch of pigs. But those pigs run into some mudpuddle and die. They aren’t breathing fire on people and killing them.

My mind keeps going back to what my mom said to me in the dream. People were harmed because I was afraid. Because I didn’t bring my fears before God (or my mother who was some God-channel in my dream) in a timely manner.

So I start asking myself: Are there some things in my life that I am not bringing before God? Am I just wandering around in a state of anxiety over something, powerless?

Of course I am.

So today, I have spent some time sitting before the Lord. It worked out good because it’s Election Day and I’m off work. (I haven’t voted yet, but will most assuredly be exercising my duty and my honor).

I still don’t have any clear answers, but I’m not finished with the seeking. It’s just that, sometimes, things are hard for me to think about, let alone express them out loud to God. But I have been worrying. It’s been there, underneath of everything. Giving me this sense of unrest. A feeling like there is a demon-pig running amuck in my life.

Sigh.

But it’s already better. At least the pig is on the altar.

Wait, didn’t the Israelites think pigs were unclean?

Oh, well, you know what I mean. It’s all laid down before Him.

Do you have any demon-pigs in your life?

Because, if you do, you don’t have to handle them on your own, you know. I will just leave you wandering around in a state of anxiety. Powerless.

“You, dear children, are from god and ave overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the oen who is in the world.” –1 John 4:4

Painting: “Flying Fire-breathing Pigs” by Todd Steven Brown, visit: http://tbrownart.com/default.aspx to check out more paintings by this artist (or just click on the demon pig above.)

Comments

I saw your comment in my email box and had to jump right over to see what your “pig” post was about…:)

I am now very thankful that the “hotel pig” just oinked, and that he did not breath fire and kill people.:)

I love how God speaks to you, and I very much look forward to what He further reveals to you about this pig. God is always so interesting in His approach to us, Amen?!:)

I am going to have sooooo much blog catching up to do when I get back.:)

God Bless,
    Amy:)

Laura,
    There were a couple of things that jumped out at me. Thinking about your story and your life I am wondering if somehow this dream has some ties to your childhood. Of course the enemy is the demon pig…he is going around ruining lives. You see it.
    Your mom doesn’t. Somehow the little girl believes it is her fault that people are dying and being hurt.

But you rise up ( I couldn’t understand whether you were a child or adult when you rose up with I John) and remember that He is greater within you and that the enemy, the demon pig has been defeated.

I don’t know if any of this applies, but could it relate to where God has you in your journey of redeeming your past?

Just thinking……

I know this, if you will ask Him, He will reveal to you the truth of what the message of the dream is.

Love to you!
    Julie

I can relate to a crazy dream myself!! I always wonder what in the world could have happened in my day to make me dream so crazy!
    My husband woke me up on Sunday morning by sitting up in bed screaming. When I asked if he was okay, he said he dreamed he “got bit by a gator on the knee” 🙂 (once before he had a dream about getting bit by a monkey on the finger and woke me up..I don’t know what his deal is with animals, but he may need an intervention).
    Thanks for sharing!

Good Morning Laura,
    That’s a crazy dream, but hey…mine are always entertaining.
    I dreamed last night that Beth Moore came to speak to a group, but it was more like a retreat and she was really tall and had on glasses. She came and sat right by Kristen & me. 🙂
    Sometimes my dreams are so funny.
    One time several years ago I dreamed about a baby that was just an infant but he had teeth and there were little spaces between each tooth. I’m not making this up…In the dream I was looking at this baby and the baby spoke and said, “What’s the matter? Aint you ever seen a baby with teeth before?”
    Too funny!
    One more thing…Nancy had sent me a “meme” and I added your name to participate. See my blog if you’re interested and find the time.
    Talk to you soon.
    Love,
    Val

You made me laugh!! No a serious note, I thought maybe you were going with the thought that many are dying without knowing Christ because you are too afraid to tell them…that’s me. The faith I grew up in had us knocking on unfamiliar doors asking strangers if they knew where they were going if they died. Good grief, if you did that today someone would call the cops thinking you were out to kill them but it brings back horrible memories and now I find it hard to witness. Demon pigs…I like your interputation better.

In His Graces~Pamela

6. ReconnecTiOn says

Im about to ball my eyes out. I had a similar experience with an invisible demonic swine. I had this dream after my grandmother inherited a chair from her neighbor that passed away. I asked this shaman what it meant. He told me that the demonic entity may have killed my grandmother’s neighbor!!! This stuff is real but God is powerful.