Coming Unglued

I have a confession to make:

Music makes me come unglued.

It is one of my favorite ways to worship. It is one of the primary ways I maintain intimacy with my Father. It makes me feel so…much.

So when my husband found Sonfest in Charlotte, NC, we knew it was time to visit our sweet friends who recently moved to that area. They graciously received us for the weekend. Put up with us…fed us…provided liquid refreshment…and a hot tub. They even accompanied us to Carowinds Amusement Park for the afternoon (which was a nightmare, but that’s for another day…I have two words for you, Jacalyn: foot fungus). After a lovely day in the sun with the entire tri-state population, our friend T.J. took all four of the kids home so that his wife could stay and enjoy the concert with Jeff and me.

We missed the first acts of the concert because we were spending quality time with our children suffering in the overcrowded water park portion of Carowinds. We missed a band named Red and Hawk Nelson. We caught most of the Switchfoot set, but missed their new hit that is on the
newest Narnia movie. Jon Foreman, the lead singer, is really a showman. He came out into the crowd and gave a lot of young girls quite a thrill. Here’s a picture with my less than satisfactory

camera.

I promise that’s him. I don’t know a lot of their music, but enjoyed their performance despite this. After Switchfoot, Mark Stuart, lead singer of AudioAdrenaline (which is now retired from the music scene, I guess) told the story of how a bad case diarrhea led him to start the band and fulfill God’s plan for that part of his life. I won’t

go into it, will save it for him—Mark, I love you, but that story was disturbing. Mark also told a very moving story about the ministry that AudioAdrenaline founded and supports, The Hands and Feet Project. The story is featured here on the website. (You can see pictures from Cristela’s rescue by going to the media section.) It was very moving.

But the real reason we came was to see these guys:

Third Day was awesome! I couldn’t sit still, and am sure I annoyed the poor souls behind me. Here’s a pic of Mac Powell taken with my less than satisfactory camera. I promise that’s him. My actual view was a bit better than the pictures indicate.

Anyway, it was such an awesome show. The guys did not disappoint, even after a day of fun in the sun (we saw Tai and Mark walking around the park with their little ones—my husband had to restrain me). Jeff and Jacalyn had a great time…see?

I think making music for Jesus must be the most satisfying job ever and I have the utmost respect for all the musicians we enjoyed over the weekend.

Bless you guys, and keep making music!

Comments

I’m glad you had so much fun!
    I look forward to hearing your tales from the amusement park!
    And “Third Day” is awesome!

God Bless,
    Amy:)

North Caroline 2 weekends in a row, eh? When I was younger we would go to an event called Jesus Northwest which sounds similar. I totally know what you’re talking about! Glad you have a great time! Do tell about the foot fungus! :o)
    See you next weekend back in NC!
    shanda

Wow Laura, sounds like you had an amazing time.
    I love music too and love to worship with really good, spirit-filled music.
    We had a really good praise and worship leader at Falls Creek. I never can remember the band’s name and got up to look for my sponsor book and can’t find it or anything in my house right now.
    I’ll have to tell you more about them later though. They did a great job though.
    I’ve still got so much to catch up on around this house. I’m still not totally unpacked. 🙁
    Good to hear from you and again, I appreciate your prayers and thoughts while we were gone.
    I’m glad you had a fun time.
    Love ya,
    Val

Laura, Unless you are a teenager who loves that teenage music, then you didn’t miss Hawk Nelson….
    I heard him at the Revolve Tour for teenage girls…they loved him…. I on the other hand thought it was a bit LOUD! But I did like KJ 52…. : )

I am glad you got to go…. I have just found some new worship music to me. It’s Gateway Worship out of Texas. I also found a woman whose voice and songs I love, Kari Jobe. I already had one of her songs, Revelation Song, but now I have found more….

I love worship music!

Hope you have a beautiful, fun week

Hugs,
    Julie

My speaker leader is Sharon Glasgow. I’m excited and nervous at the same time. I took Van’s advice and took the intermediate level, feeling totally out of my element especially with the “waiting on the Lord” theme!
    I had a dream last night the conference was not going well for me and then all of a sudden at one of the big group get togethers you snuck up behind me and gave me a huge hug! Do you know if any of the other ladies from last year are going to be there? I haven’t heard from anyone in a long time.
    Keeping you in my prayers!
    shanda

There has been no further movement so we assume the bird died trying to get out. Isn’t that just like life–caged in to sin…and if we are not careful it too takes our life. The neighbor came back yesterday and we told her. Since there’s been no movement she opted not to send her son back up on the roof. She had warned her son to monitor for a bird since it is nesting time but he didn’t see anything at the time he put the cage back on. Sad.

Your music eventure sounded great!!

In His Graces~Pamela

Hey Laura,
    I posted a few pictures of my remodeled kitchen. We still have things to finish up in there, but different ones were asking how it went etc.
    Thanks for being interested. What a treat to come home to a new kitchen!
    Have a great day!
    Love,
    Val

This sounded like an awesome time!! I too love music! It’s the easiest way for me to truly express myself (if only I could carry a tune ro play an instrument) 🙂