More on Trust

Today, Balaam’s donkey is speaking to me.

I prayed about it. I heard a clear answer.

The Lord has told me “No”. He has instructed me to wait.

“But God said to Balaam, ‘Do not go with them. You must not put a curse on those people, because they are blessed.’”(Num. 22:12)

Yet, my feeble brain keeps planning strategies to get around the stubborn donkey parked in my way. I keep going back to God to see if He has changed His mind.

“…Now stay here tonight as the others did, and I will find out what else the lord will tell me.” (Num. 22:19)

Do I think I know what is better for me than God?

“That night God came to Balaam and said, ‘Since these men have come to summon you, go with them, but do only what I tell you.’”(Num.22:20)

Does God ever really change His answer?

“But God was angry when he went, and the angel of the Lord stood in the road to oppose him…” (Num. 22:22)

Will I beat the donkey? Will I fail to see the protection offered in these simple frustrations?

I am listening, Lord.

I will wait.

For you, O Sovereign One, can see what I cannot.

And I will trust in You.

Comments

Beautiful my friend…. Thanks for your sweet post this morning….I am blessed to have your friendship.
    I know this is a hard move for you and one that brings pain, but I know He is there in your midst. I know you know that. I can only imagine the treasures you will gain in this newfound place. I have been there….it’s a hard place, a letting go to move forward…. leaving what has been familiar to step out onto a new road.
    New beginnings…. new things await you.

Hugs,
    Julie

In regards to your question if God changes His mind, I believe so. I had never really considered it as I believe He does as He does and that’s just that. However, it was pointed out to me that in Gen. 18 He does change His mind. He told Abraham if He found 50 righteous people He would not destroy the city. Abraham bantered back and forth, and God said okay if He found 10 righteous people. So, I do believe that our petitions, prayers, and faith can change His mind. However, will we ever know His mind was changed? No, I do not believe so. We will only see the end result and won’t know if that was His original plan/answer or if He changed it along the way.

Definitely, something worth pondering.

Not that it’s my business but do you have a post on your blog that further explains what you are enduring. From your posts on trust and Julie’s comment above, I may be missing something as I am fairly new to your blog. If it is something personal that maybe you have shared with Julie via email, that’s fine too.

Just curious and it’s serious okay for me not to know but just thought if you had already published something, I’d go search for it and read it.

Trust is so important and it effects so many aspects of how our life will be depending on how much trust we place in the Lord.
    Paula

“I will wait. For you, O Sovereign One, can see what I cannot. And I will trust in You.”

I need to repeat this. Over and over.
    I don’t understand so many things happening in my life right now….and I whine and complain and sit in the corner sucking my thumb (kidding) but you know what I mean….I keep asking “Why?” I keep thinking, “Surely there’s a better way, God.”

Anyway, I need to just commit to memory your statement here.
    Sometimes it is just so hard to trust (like in your previous post) when we simply don’t know what is around the next corner. Or when we are in pain (physically or emotionally), we simply want it to end. Right now! 🙂

You have a lovely heart. Thank you for always sharing it.

God Bless,
    Amy:)

I came back not remembering I had already commenting here. So, I clicked to see your new comment. I see it’s from my dear friend, Amy. I know her heart and she speaks truth in the struggles she is enduring.

Something she said struck a chord with me enough to comment. It’s hard to trust when we don’t know what’s around the corner. Oh boy. How that rings such truth with me. The world and the reality says to give up on any chance of a restored marriage that ended in unbiblical divorce Nov. 07. However, as I have been reminded so many times by some fellow “standers” that what if we give up on God returning our prodigal just short of that miracle. What if Anna had given up on God after any time short of the ten years she’s been waiting for her husband to return and now it appears he is and his heart is softening. So what if we give up on whatever it is just short of getting that miracle God will perform. I don’t want to wait and pray and believe in my God for five years just so to think that another year and He’d provide healing upon my beloved.

Amy said it right when she said when we are in pain (emot. or phy.) and we want it RIGHT NOW.
    Many times it’s not about the end result that healing of pain whatever it is but it’s about the journey we have with God.

Hmmm…much to ponder.
    Lovingly,
    Paula

As a fellow believer in Jesus Christ, I stand alongside you in your trust issues. I have my own. They’re pulsing loudly these days, but coupled with my need to trust is the ever growing reality of who my God is. The closer I move toward him, the easier it is to let go and to simply…

believe.

peace~elaine

There are some things going on right now that I’m needing to trust God with to work out His way and it’s so hard.
    I know that He is able to absolutely take care of this particular situation and I know He will, but it’s so hard to be close to the hurt that is going on in a friend’s heart right now. I’d appreciate the prayers. This situation effects so many and I pray God’s will be done.
    Thinking of you and praying your heart is at rest this evening.
    Love ya,
    Val

Laura-I will pray for you and this “donkey”. God has a plan..there is something special waiting for you from Him. Keep focused..keep seeking Him in this!

In His Graces~Pamela