The Light of Truth

I went running this morning before the sun came up. A thick fog had settled in, hiding familiar landmarks and creating a feeling of blindness. Spider’s secret places were revealed as the thick drops of moisture nestled there, exposing her webby home. Trees bent under the weight of the air, and a sheen of moisture stuck to my face as I set out. After only a couple miles, my hair licked at the side of my cheeks, falling in dewy strands around my face.

My valley home was masked, hidden under a false face, causing me to forget its truth.

Yet, three hours later, here she stands…brilliant in the sun, revealed in her splendor.

Everything is clearer when viewed in the Light of Truth.

Yesterday, I had a moment of weakness.

The confidence I have so painfully practiced these past few days faltered. I was stricken with doubt and grief. The home of my heart was hidden in this fog, hiding the truth of my circumstance.

I felt the need for reassurance. Instead of going to the Source, I ambushed the one that I love with my doubts. Knowing full well there is only One who can bear such a burden.

Sometimes I feel my flesh too much in me. I cannot grasp that which is holy inside. Satan knows my weaknesses, and he is such a smarty pants.

I staggered under the weight of regret for a while yesterday. I am, after all, a slow learner. And then I went to the Source. Renewed my confidence. Rejoiced in truth.

Everything is clearer when viewed in the Light of Truth.

Comments

We’ve all been there at one time or another. I think doubt serves to grow our faith if we allow it to. After all, how can we see the light unless we are able to compare it to darkness?

You have come out stronger no doubt. Keep up the good work!

Blessings,
    Nancy

This is my first time to your blog. I ventured over here from Paula’s blog. I enjoyed reading your post. Thank you for being so humble to admit your failure. I agree with Nancy, we have all been there at one time or another!

I will be back to your blog. The words victoriously at the top of your blog caught my attention as my subtitle is called Journeys and Reflections of a Victorious Heart. We are victorious with Jesus. He fights for us and for that I am thankful. I wouldn’t want it any other way!!! Looking foward to getting to know you through blogville.

~Nicole

I live the extremes also. I particularly love the verse you wrote in your previous post from Proverbs 3 about sudden disaster and the Lord being our confidence. A few months back, I started calling him that in my prayer time. It puts the focus back on the true Source who is able and who delights to accomplish his good purposes though the likes of me.

Hang in there. His faithfulness returns to us each and every morning.

peace~elaine

Amen! Satan is a smarty pants, but God is the true Source to defeat the doubts and insecurities satan uses to try and sidetrack us!

I love the way you have woven this story together. Beautiful imagery.

Prayers and blessings,
    Rebecca

Doubts are definitely the enemy’s playground. I think doubt is a part of our Christian walk with little spurts coming in at different times. I feel they usually come with trials or while in trials and wondering how God could or would ever change things.

I like your reference to satan being a smarty pants. But the Lord is even much wiser and smart in His ways to overcome that little smarty pants.

I was thinking about you the other day and wondering how you are with church and all. Email me any time you want.
    Love, Paula

Oh, Laura, I too am a slow learner….a work in progress…but He is so patient and understanding with us, isn’t He? 🙂

Mr. Smarty Pants has nothing on our God.:)
    God Bless,
    Amy:)

I don’t know how blessed I am to be able to go to the Source at all times. He accepts me whatever the circumstances. Thank you for the wonderful word pictures and peaceful place to visit and the assurance we have in God.

You know what I love about you? Your teachable heart that is so easily touched by the hand of Papa God.
    I love your sensitivity to His Spirit and how when you find yourself on the wrong road you go back to find the right one.

I love the way you search to find Papa for your heart!

Love to you,
    Julie

One of the best things about God is that He knows we are human. No excuse, of course, but even still He understands when we seek help from other sources.
    I agree with Julie. The beautiful part about you is that you are easily touched by God and find your way back home when moved! Don’t be hard on yourself. Love you!
    shanda