Pilgrimage

Pilgrim

Pil-grim: To journey; to wander; to ramble.

We pilgrim together.

Some strangers, some friends—joined by this desire to be His hands.

We straggle in–

one by one–

on this chill November morning, seeking to serve.

Close to 800 turkey dinners were delivered or served to the Least of These by the Covenant Presbyterian Church today.

Something BIG happened in this place on this day of Thanks.

Jesus showed up.

Checking the dressing.

Other busy volunteers.

Hundreds of
servings of cranberry sauce, waiting to be delivered with accompanying dinners.

A glimpse of beauty out the church basement’s window reminds me of God’s grace.

These beautiful ones, waiting to be served.

When we return to our family celebration, the bounty makes me blush.

So blessed are we.

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights…” (James 1:17)

Comments

Hey Laura.

Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving. Sounds like you were a wonderful blessing.

I’m spending Thanksgiving in Indiana with a friend’s family. We’ll be headed back tomorrow.

That is wonderful! You captured some great pictures.

Our church served lunch today too.
    The singles group sponsor it each year. We had thanksgiving at my sister’s house and we ate later than usual because her church was serving lunch to the needy and lonely. This is their first year and they served 250.

I can’t imagine not having family or friends to spend Thanksgiving with and can’t imagine not having food or money to buy food for my family. I’m so thankful and grateful that churches and organizations show Christ’s love in ways such as this.

Happy Thanksgiving!
    Mine was great too!

oh, laura, this brought tears to my eyes…what grace He has lavished on us! What freedom to be servants…that we would be blessed to wash another’s feet!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Laura,
    What a precious gift you gave yesterday!

I pray your Thanksgiving was blessed!

I loved seeing the pictures!

Hugs & Love sent your way!
    Julie

We are so blessed, indeed!
    You are counted as one of my blessings too.:)
    I pray that you and your family are having a lovely weekend together.
    Big hugs,
    Amy:)

What a wonderful memory to create with your family… serving the Lord by serving those in need. Time spent together is always treasured!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi Laura,

I’ve been away from bloggy land, and have just been cruising and catching up on your blog. I love your poems and all you share.

It looks like you had a blessed Thanksgiving, and that you were a blessing to many others.

We’ll talk to you soon.

Carol

So wonderful to peek into your world for this special day. When our girls were little we used to work some food bank dinners—non holiday meals. It is so good to be reminded of the world we sometimes pass by so easily.

What a blessing to serve others on a very thankful day.

As I said in my post, I was overwhelmed with blessing and undeserving of the bountiful feast at my mom’s. A close friend spends Tgiving with just her mom. Her brother and father are gone and there are no nieces, nephews, cousins. I was so blessed with the 15 family members and the huge feast…so unworthy I am.

Love ya,
    Paula

I am the leader of a group that cooks and serves supper for around 100-150 people 4 times a year at a local outreach facility, so I know what you mean when you said you were blessed. I’m glad you had a great Thanksgiving.

Sue