It’s amazing what a quiet day at home can do for the spirit.
I spent yesterday nursing my Teddy through this stomach virus, and the Lord ministered.
There was quiet.
There was rest.
There was watching this boy-child sleep fitfully in the middle of the day.
And though I would never wish this illness on my dear ones…what a gift the Lord gave me through this day.
He took away the distractions. He tendered my heart.
He touched me.
He always does.
I am filled with the sweet anticipation of Advent once again.
I thought it would be fitting to share an Advent treat with my friends.
This is one of our favorite holiday treats. We make if for every occasion–because M & Ms conveniently come in seasonal colors!
My sweet neighbor, Sallie (who has since moved away), first introduced me to this little treasure. It’s simple and easy to make, and sinfully delicious! We make this for teacher gifts, put it in pretty tins or decorative boxes for neighbors…
It’s always well-recieved!
I pray you enjoy!
1. You will need a bag of mini-pretzel twists, 2 bags of white chocolate chips, and a bag of seasonal m & ms.
2. Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave. Be careful not to overcook the chocolate! I always defrost for a minute or so before melting.
3. Stir in the pretzels gently, until coated.
4. Now your ready for the M & Ms! Make sure your chocolate is sufficiently cooled so the colors of the M & Ms don’t run.
5. Spread the pretzels out on wax paper and leave until the chocolate is hardened.
Bless you all, my friends! I’ve loved sharing my Advent sweets with you!