The Joy in a Yee-haw

Our Saturday is winding down.

Darkness has already fallen over our little neighborhood.

The weather here today has been fit for ducks, which makes me smile—after this post.

I do love the rain.

This morning, when I heard the thunder, I just smiled and smiled.

Then I curled up with my Lord for a while. It was so warm and cozy.

He knows.

Rain gives me permission to do what I love: write.

I made some progress on the revisions to my adult novel—the ones suggested by one of the editors I submitted to.

That felt good.

Still a lot of work to do there.

But…

I finished my second young adult novel in the Wings of Klaio series!!!!

Hoo-ray!

Celebrate with me, friends?

I printed it out, will do a final read through all at once, and then will send it off to my editor.

The boys and I and Lucy Mae went for a celebratory walk around the neighborhood. The rain was just misting, the clouds hanging low.

The beauty of a cloudy day is so tangible…the air so thick I want to hold it in my hands. I taste it in my breath, feel it flow inside of me.

I felt its joy.

Lightheartedness is contagious, and the boys soon caught it.

We ran through the neighborhood shouting, “Yee-haw! Derek’s Story is finished!”

Well, Jeffy and I did. Teddy pretended he didn’t know us, and Lucy Mae didn’t seem to care about anything except the fishy smell along the creek bank.

This yee-hawing reminded me of my grandpa. Sometimes–after my parents divorced–sometimes he would spend the night with us if he drank too much. The next morning he would always wake up before everyone, run through the house saying, “Yee-haw, it’s the rooster!” Until we were all awake and giggling.

That’s right. I come from a long line of intellectuals.

But, forgive me, I’m giddy tonight. If I was able to write full-time I wouldn’t be able to stand myself.

Join me in praising God tonight, friends. He loves a good celebration.

Love to you,

Laura

Comments

Well, I am in the right part of the country for a good ole’ YEE HAW!!!!
    Yee Haw – Derek’s story is finished! Proud of you, Laura! Great stuff!

I love how you celebrate life! Reckless abandon for the love of your Savior and King.

We all need to shout a few good “Yee-haw’s” because “The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.” Psalm 126:3

Congratulations on your book. What else have you written? I would love to read your work.

Sweet blessings,
    Joy

This has a huge smile across my face this morning. God is good, and I love when we hear those testimonies and the joy that splashes forth onto me and others.

I’m with Joy…fess up tell us Girlfriends about your books!!!!

Laura, you are a real true GEM!

Love ya and I’m so thankful you are in my life,
    Yolanda

Laura, You are an amazing woman with an amazing gift. You paint pictures with words for the soul to grasp.

I celebrate this victory with you…

Love ya, friend,

Congrats for the finishing of another book. I can’t wait to read it. Brody’s Story has me interested in the next one that is coming along!

Congratulations Laura:) I am giddy with you – so happy you finished Derek’s story.

WaaaaHooo is what I’d probably be saying as I ran down the street in the rain – so much fun!

Blessings to you,
    Cindy

I checked out your links and read Van’s review, and saw your book on Amazon. How cool! And now, you have another one, plus an adult book in the works. Im not surprised, as you do have a gift with words.

I am smiling at the thought of the scene, with some of you Yee Hawing, or whatever it was, one embarrassed, and the dog oblivious to the whole thing. Daisy Mae is a dog, right? I can’t remember if you’ve posted pics of her. Praise God!

Congratulations on finishing your second book!

Congratulations, sweet friend!
    I am “Yee Hawing” with you!:)

And like you, I also come from a long line of intellectuals. LOL!;)

I’m sending you (((BIG HUGS!)))
    In Christ,
    Amy:)

Congratulations!!! Yee Haw!!! I love to write, but short, journalistic type writing. The kind where you can write without the worry of grammer!!! I really couldn’t understand the grammer.

Many blessings
    Tessa

Thanks for stopping by I am the Clay and He is my potter.

Again another post where the JOY is palable. Thank you for sharing the joy with us. I love it. And I didn’t know you were writing YA novels. What fun!!

As a writer, I relate to celebrating when something is finished. BRAVO and YEE-HAW!!

Have a wonderful week!