Feasting today, my friends.

A feast for my heart.

Laying out a banquet for my Beloved.

Preparation begins early–before the sun rises.

I am as one readying a wedding banquet, considering every detail.

Prayers are shaken out and allowed to fall–the finest of linens, a blanket of purity.

The table is set with the good china–a favorite Bible and other books to meditate on during this time.

The candle is lit, burning fire of love.

The main course?

The Word.

It incites excitement in this context of sanctity, for it is nourishment. It fills and energizes . The words are the finest morsels, and I hold them in my mouth longer, for to savor their sweetness. I write them down and carry them with me throughout the day, so that I will not forget His tenderness. I can taste them in the most ordinary of situations, relishing the special flavor that only I can taste.

These are the words of my Beloved; He speaks them only to me this day. They are soft and intimate, whispers of love.

The excitement is in the small helps arranged. Tiny gifts of thoughtfulness and care. Flavored waters, hot tea. Each drink a secret I share with my love.

We keep this intimacy between us.

Senses are heightened, body in a state of expectation.

This shakiness–a reminder that He will strengthen.

When hunger chews inside, it too reminds to turn thoughts back to Him, my own love.

Through it all, He is pulls me ever closer to Him.

He whispers to me all the day long, encouraging words of love.

And I break my fast in a far more nourished state than when I entered into it. Humbled–treasured by my Love.

I has been a secret tryst, that leaves me assured that I am loved.

It makes me smile to think of Him, waiting for me. Waiting for me to prepare another feast like this. A sweet time together.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

WOW! You paint such a picture of your time with our LORD. LOVE IT!

Thank you so much for sharing your heart with us.

Blessings!

Sheryl

This makes me yearn for a feast of my own. Such a beautiful, insightful illustration of how it can be to spend time with the Lord.

Time with the Father is so precious, isn’t it? It is the nourishment that sustains. Thank you for allowing me to have “dessert” with you. 🙂
    Love you!
    Liz

Hi, Laura. Thank you for your prayers. I have been praying for you. It seems as if you may also need a time to “get away”.

The Jamaican trip will be physical-work-related. The team of 12 is going to New Generations Camp to help build a treehouse, cabins, clean-up and landscape.

I am SO looking forward to going but am beyond exhausted right now. One of my sweet Pre-K kids asked me today why I put black marker under my eyes. Gotta love the honesty of a 4 year old. He culdn’t grasp the idea of dark circles under the eyes.

I am very concerned about being more of a hinderance than a help on this trip because of the fatigue and the recent injury to my back and should but the team has assurred me that I am the only one with this concern. The dr. has cleared me to go with precautions and a couple of prescriptions so it looks like ‘full steam ahead’. Please pray that my steam doesn’t sputter out 🙂

With Love and Admiration,
    Stacy

Lovely…..

My favorite feast has been prepared for me at His table.

“He brought me to His banqueting table…..His banner over me is love….”

I push away from your post inspired once again……..

Blessings, sweet friend!
    Cheri

Off topic here, Laura, but Blip.fm is the coolest thing. Recently I’d been woeful that music has been so absent in my life (how to find what’s good, how to obtain it, how to access it once obtained have all been what felt like insurmountable issues). Anyway, since I started using Blip, music has re-entered my life and I’m overjoyed. Even dancing (with the door closed : )

You’ve inspired me to plan a fast sooner rather than later. I feel like the woman watching Meg Ryan in the diner during “When Harry Met Sally” – you make me want to say, “I’ll have what she’s having!” Thank you for sharing your heart, sister – it has blessed me this day!

Dear Laura, Amazing – again! How He speaks individually to each unique heart – but the WORD is the Same One who knows how to touch each individual child He loves.

What a great word picture you told. I might go to Sat. night church today…sure could use it.

Glad you took the time to sit a spell on my blog…thanks.

bless…shell

I rejoice at these words. Rejoice to hear kindred attention and desire for His word and Our beloved! I have a friend at Joyful Days who just wrote about a very similar theme, it’s in her latest post towards the bottom, and I posted this past weekend about Lost in This Moment – The Coming Groom and Bride Preparing…

Funny how the Holy Spirit is leading us all to Come, come, prepare!

Bless you!