ABCs of the Word, “I”

“A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.” (John 13:34)

“The word Maundy is derived through Middle English, and Old French mandé, from the Latin mandatum, the first word of the phrase ‘Mandatum novum do vobis ut diligatis invicem sicut dilexi vos’ (‘A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you’), the statement by Jesus in the Gospel of John (13:34) by which Jesus explained to the Apostles the significance of his action of washing their feet.” (Wikipedia)

*******************************************************************

Mom-portrait, week 3…Visit Forever in Blue Jeans for more!

Black and White

Comments

I’m probably forgetting that I saw this before BUT…you have one of those cute dogs that my youngest daughter wants…REALLY WANTS. And you are so beautiful! LOOKING GREAT FOR 40 year old.

Thanks for taking part in the weekly scripture post. God has been using it to stir His Word in me. Blessings of all His best Laura…hope it’s a wonderful Easter weekend.

Thanks dear one for sharing John with us. It’s such an uplifting to my soul

You look beautiful and your dog is adorable. I’m a huge dog person.I have two male maltese.

Blessed Resurrection time to you!

**I like the new blog look 🙂

precious pup! i always need a reminder to contemplate Maunday Thursday – wonderful accent on love and the photo so applies b/c I see the love in your eyes :0)

Woo hoo, Laura! I love your verse…we ARE to love one another! Today is one of those days that I am AMAZED that God even needed to COMMAND us to do so! How sad. In our humanity, we fall so short! Let us be in a competition daily to see who can “wash one another’s feet” most!
    Love you, Laura. You always encourage me!
    ps…I am back from Vegas…and YES! Much blog material. I have so many thoughts floating around, wondering how I can relate the stories. Very interesting place is Las Vegas! Pondering!

You know I love a good word study! 🙂

Thanks for sharing.

I am hoping to get something posted on Passover, the Last Supper, and the Season we are in. (nothing like waiting until the last minute). 😉

Such a cute picture! Is that a Boston Terrier? My grandfather has one, his 3rd actually. He had two that previously died of old age over the years and he loves the breed so much, he always gets another one.

Laura, God is working with me on the subject of love these days. It was good for the reinforcement from your post. Nice photo!

I’m so glad I found you. Your posts are so touching…and real.

I smile each time I read one of your posts.

I like your picture. It’s getting easier to post pictures of yourself, eh? I still find it a bit hard. I always forget that I am my toughest critic 🙂

Much love and many smiles to you, Laura!