Random Acts of Poetry

at steady thrumming

on rooftop—

I rise

and go

to the place

where we meet

press face to cool floor

and wait.

then

I

step out

into this baptismal font

and go for a run

in the rain.

Check out our poetry challenge this week, here…Do you dare to truly live? Feeling, seeing, hearing…ah, yes, such is living.

Comments

Laura,
    I just love reading your beautiful words.

The pieces are coming together albeit slowly. We are still in a waiting, resting place but it is not a bad place at all.

I am truly grateful for the prayers of friends. God has lifted me and mine up to His heavenly realms on the wings of those prayers.

In Him,
    Tina

Don’t know whether I’m more amazed at how the words weave around me or your capacity to see it happening before the words even get involved.

Restful sigh.

Beautiful….
    I love it…”running in the rain” what a blessing to run in the rain with our Heavenly Father!
    This poem really touched my heart.
    Blessings,andrea

I walked in it this morning before I started my radiation treatments and listened to Mercy Me “Bring The Rain.” He’s so raining in my heart and bringing me to new freedom with Him to face my fears. Loved your post! Love you! BEv

Oh my goodness! Did you really go for a run in the rain? I would love to do that – I would love to have some rain. This poem made me thirsty for rain and the presence of Him.

Aww! Beautiful! I was swept away in your words because your heart is pouring out. I loved it!

I so missed you girl. I’m glad to be back. Thank you for your love on my blog. I pray that you and your family are well in the LORD!

Love you.

“Press face to cool floor and wait.”

Your relationship with Him is so evident. Your soul waits on Him.

Those morning hours are truly blessed.

This is just beautiful, Laura. I wanna go for a run in the rain with Him!!

I need to get your book…do you think my 9-yr-old daughter would like it?

Trackbacks