The mornings are darker now when I arise. Ghost-trees float in the fog. Watercolor landscapes surround me—the mist dilutes, laying down the wash.

And I am worrying—again.

The future is uncertain; all I see is this fog ahead. I am having trouble navigating through. I grope around blindly…stumble, fall.

I know in my heart the way to go, but I am lost in this tangle of fear.

Reach out…

Which way to go?

Then, there is this that rings through the mist…coming from inside of me, it seems:

“I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.”

Father?

I will wait. I will wait on You.

If you are interested in going on a self-journey, being whisked away by nature’s calling, join us over here for a good read. We start Oct. 5th.

Comments

Another very good verse and one that I prayed over and over for Kristen when she was trying to make decisions about college, a roommate etc. is:

Isaiah 42:16 (NIV) “I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them.”

God was SO good to keep His promises and blessed her choices in ways we never could have planned or picked out ourselves.

This verse is still on my fridge. 🙂
    I’m praying it for you too, Laura.

Love,
    Valerie

Amen…we’ve all been there…when we need to know we will know. Why would perfect love leaves us wandering or lost….PERFECT LOVE…whisper His name….Peace, be still. These are all thoughts I repeat to myself when the unknown bombards my mind. Perfect love casts out fear. Choosing where we set our gaze….”peace My sweet Laura..I know the way” Waiting with Him is how we grow in Love.

Laura,
    Stopping here is always a breath of fresh air. Even in your struggle, you capture beauty and hope and peace.

Even beyond the fog, the sun still shines. I pray some rays of light warm you today.

Blessings,
    Kelli

Saw this on FB this a.m., love it! Aren’t we all waiting at one time or another? My thoughts went to Is 30:21…whether you go to the right or to the left…He is there!
    Love to you!

I love that scripture. That’s one I memorized long ago and forgot I had it memorized until I read it here. A Psalm I’m sure.

I love your background and how I see a glimpse of a rainbow.

The mornings are very dark. I still find myself looking at my bathroom clock as I open the bathroom blinds…I look to see if i accidentally got up like at 4am. Nope…it’s is really 7am and dark!!

Thanks for your sweet comment. I miss you too and thus really enjoy you reading my blog and commenting.
    Love,
    Paula

I love that verse because it helped me learn how to recognize God’s voice. When you expect Him to speak, you start listening! I love how you hear Him. Hold on to that faith!

You won the Real Jesus book! Can you send me your address again? Have a great weekend…

This is lovely, Laura. It reminds me of one of my favorites. “This is what the Lord says: ‘Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths; ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.” (Jeremiah 6:26, NIV). Have a blessed weekend; thanks for coming by my place!

PS-I recently had a site crash, had to take up quarters at Job1925helives.blogspot.com. Stop by any time:)

You walk in good company with the ancients of old; they, too, couldn’t see the road ahead. They chose faith over fear. Praying you walk the same this day! Thanks for your prayers this weekend. I’m so overcome with emotion, I can’t find my words.

Love you.