Last Minute Gifts, A Project and Some More Introductions

A perfect gift for grandma:

I took these pictures of my nieces last Easter. Simple profiles, carefully cut out.

profiles 3

I trace the pictures on some lovely paper. I choose complimentary patterns. (Lowes gave me several expired wallpaper books a few years ago when I was teaching our neighborhood kids about collage).

profiles 4
Pretty picture frames…
project 6

And, voila! Sweet little silhouette miniatures!

project 2

In other last minute business…

I would like to give you the gift of introducing you to some amazing writers.

Ann (without the “e”) Voskamp needs little introduction to many of you. A visit to her blog is truly A Holy Experience. This woman’s beautiful heart shines.

Another Ann…Kroeker, that is. She is our family content editor over at High Calling Blogs, and recently published a mother must-read: Not So Fast.

Linda Chontos…I have learned so much about grace from this precious lady. A beautiful spirit.

If beauty is your thing, go visit Nancy. Poetry and photography grace her place. Such glory to God in her words.

Deb is my soul-sister. Her writing is achingly vulnerable and speaks to my heart.

Sarah–another poet-heart.

Kelly
–photographer-mama, word artist.

A Simple Country girl
, is so much more than that.

Jennifer, at Getting Down With Jesus. This journalist/teacher/mamma writes from the heart.

And then there is Elaine. This sweet preacher’ wife wears her faith-walk like the finest of gems.

I have been blessed each time I visit these ladies. And I know you will be too.

Merry Christmas, Beloveds. I count you among my finest blessings.

Comments

That’s a great idea for framed art, Laura!
    Wishing that next year’s journey is filled with blessings for you and your family! So happy to have made your acquaintance. Have a lovely Christmas!

Your silhouettes are wonderful, Laura.

Thank you for the links to so many wonderful writers, a couple of whom are unknown to me. I will enjoy checking out their sites.

Merry Christmas. May His Love bless you throughout the New Year.

Well, Merry Christmas, Laura. Whew… I’ve been in the kitchen all morning, and for anyone who truly knows me, this is a huge undertaking in and of itself! Honestly, I shouldn’t be allowed there. But, the ham and turkey are cooked; the potatoes ready to go in the oven, corn pudding also at the ready, and my apple cake just came out of the oven. And then the handy “shamwow” made its debut, and I’m telling you, I’m in love with my shamwow.

Honestly, I’ve put in enough domestication today to last the entire year. Glad I’ve got that over with:)

Thanks for including me amongst so many wonderful writers. Blogging has increased my heart a hundred fold and reaffirmed my belief and love for the body of Christ.

May God’s peace rule in your heart over the next 24 hours. He’s just the biggest deal we’ve got going on.

Love you.

peace~elaine

Friend, do you know how I hold you? For you helped opened a door between me and these lovelies. And in doing so, opened my heart. Of course these are happy tears I cry. And how I crave a hug!

Happy Birthday Jesus blessings to you and your family.

Laura,
    what to say.
    you have taught me so much.
    and in true sisterly fashion, you’re lucky I can’t wear pink or I’d totally be stealing that scarf from you .

love to you and your family.
    enjoy the whatever it is. It’s better than we could have ever imagined.

Merry Christmas Laura. Oh to be among such company. I am so blessed to have met you Laura. I count you a precious gift from the hand of a loving Father. I pray His richest blessings on you and your dear family.

Trackbacks