I woke up early this morning and had a little cry. It took me by surprise, though I should have been better prepared.
Jeffrey made this list of Argus facts to help his new family get him settled in a little easier. Here is our Argus Advice:
- Argus not only requires human touch–he demands it. If you ignore him, he will nudge you with his paw until you pet him.
- Argus is a paper eater. Guard all paper products, especially used napkins.
- If you stare at Argus (within sight of his one good eye) and slowly walk away, maintaining eye contact…Argus takes this as an invitation to chase.
- He likes to play tug-a-war.
- He often runs over people and jumps on top of other animals unknowingly due to his limited eyesight.
- Argus has bad gas.
- Argus has a sensitive tummy and seems to react–um–loosely when given the cheap dog food that we give our beloved Lucy Mae. Only the best for Argus.
- He loves to be scratched on his rump.
- Argus is the only Boston Terrier we’ve ever known who loves the snow.
- Argus must be taken out first thing in the morning. Otherwise, he’ll get excited when he sees you and give you an–erm–dribbly greeting.
- Argus will sleep happily in the crate, but lately has discovered the joy of the big bed. He loves comfy comforters.
- Argus favors his back left leg and sometimes has a little trouble jumping up onto high places.
- Don’t forget to take a sample to the vets in two weeks to make sure his worms are completely gone.
- Argus likes to sleep on his back.
- Argus is a bed hog.
- Argus’s other eye was damaged too (you will see a tiny dot in the middle of it) but it has healed nicely and is now scar tissue. He seems to see fine out of this eye.
- Argus is named after a creature from Greek mythology that had one hundred eyes.
- When Argus looks at you with his one good eye, your heart will melt and you will fall in love! He is a very very special dog.