The Butterfly Garden Journey Begins

I thought about it for a while.
I thought about how, when I was a girl, it was the love of books that saved me. I thought about how this post touched deep places. I thought about how, now, this book is taking me on a soul journey.
And I knew I needed to share it.
I’m starting a little book journey of my own. Sending God in the Yard out to bless others.  Following L.L.’s suit, I thought about what I have growing in my yard—looked for little bits of God to send along.
I have no lusty-scented herbs to crush for swoon effect. But my bee balm has a pert minty aroma.

My butterfly bush is blooming.

And then there is the tall phlox. This one is called Laura. Isn’t that sweet?

I bundle them together, press between parchment. I have a butterfly bouquet.

The Butterfly Garden Journey is born.
I sign a little note to Gretchen on the pages of the book, and off we go.
The book will make its rounds, passed from hand to hand with love. I hope that each reader will send a special note in the pages, and gift us with something from their yard.
Here is travel itinerary:
When you are ready to send the book on its next leg of the journey, let me know and I’ll update our Facebook status. I hope you will each blog about the sending off as I have done here.
Many blessings, ladies, and happy reading!

Comments

It is indeed a beautiful idea Laura. I think your little bouquet is just the sort of gift that truly touches the heart. I am honored to be a part of this. Thank you sweet friend.

A “BOGGESS BLOGGY GIVE-AWAY”… not just a book… but a journey that goes across the United States and into Canada? … HOW COOL IS THAT!

Hey, Laura! Gretchen mentioned this project and invited me to the list. If there is still room to join, I’d love to. Sign me up and let me know what I need to do. (I’d hate to hold up the journey!)

I am enjoying this book so much, too. But I hadn’t thought about sharing it with others along with something from my yard. I think that’s beautiful.

I agree with Susie — the pictures are stunning!

How cool Laura! Sharing the beauty with each other. Everyone has a piece to add. I love what God has done with you with books and words. Let them flow. Blessings to you, B

Consider joining the High Callings network.

Delighted to stop by today. I hope you don’t mind if I splash around a bit to get to know you. THis looks like a nice place to slip off my shoes and soak in refreshing goodness.

Splashin,
    Sara

Well, I’ve obviously missed this, but I will look at L.L.’s site , I want to get in on something in this way.

love love your bouquet!