Playdates with God: Vacation Bible School

Few words after a week of watching children fall in love with Jesus. We are humbled and exhausted and reminded what “faith like a child” looks like. The laundry room is spilling over and the to-do list yawns long and I’ve barely been online this week (forgive me?), but we know nothing is impossible with God. We dance our way into the beginning of this week with sweet remnants of yesterday tucked in our hearts and we have seen bubble-blow and ice cream do miracles this week.

May you always have faith like a little child…

the Playdates button:

Sharing with L.L. Barkat today also:

On In Around button

Comments

great VBS photos! i have trouble taking photos off the refrigerator and freezer, so i have my boys’ vbs photos from all their years still hanging. fun times:)

I love the week of VBS at our church! I think I’ve worked just about every age/grade–even on down to the babies–over the years. But what’s the greatest is seeing the spiritual lights going on in the lives of the little ones. Thanks so much, Laura, for sharing highlights of your week, in particular, how you blessed the kiddos with a little drama! 🙂

LOVE the aviator look! Sounds like a very tiring but rewarding week. My husband will be doing that in early August. I’ll be taking care of just me after two weeks of living in community to finish my spiritual direction certification training. VBS is something I did off and on for years – now, it’s off. Glad you had a good week.

I LOVE VBS. Can still remember sitting in baby bear chairs in my church basement and singing “I’ve got Peace Like A River…” at the top of my lungs. And now, to see it all through the eyes of an adult- I wouldn’t miss being a part of VBS for all the gold in the world. Love it! Praying all those seeds you scattered will produce an amazing harvest!

A triple blessing — you blessed the kids with your attendance and supervision and entering into the spirit of the occasion, and they blessed you with their enthusiasm and soak-up-learning little minds and eager wiggly bodies. And I’m sure God was blessed by the whole experience.

Have a peaceful, blessed day and week.

Looks like you and your boys soared for the Lord! My son attended VBS with a friend, and their church did this same theme. He knows all the songs–he was in a parachuting pig small group.

Now it’s VBS week at the church we attend, and he’s bringing his friend along with us. A friend told me one time that an industrious mom could probably arrange for free VBS childcare every week of the summer by figuring when each church scheduled theirs. I always thought that was a clever idea, though I never tried it.

It looks like a good time was had by all Laura (love your outfit!).
    I can remember back to the time my best friend and I (having lived through a week of middle school boys the previous summer at VBS) volunteered to do juice and cookies so fast it made the Pastor’s head spin. I think we were just a bit weary.

We were flying high with “sky” as well at our church’s VBS. Like you, I was exhausted but I was so grateful for the interactions I had with the kids. There’s such a need to tell the story; I feel so honored to be trusted with such privilege.

Lots of love, sister friend.
    ~elaine