Playdates with God: Every Grain of Sand

Love people even in their sin, for that is the semblance of Divine Love and is the highest love on earth. Love all of God’s creation, the whole and every grain of sand of it. Love every leaf, every ray of God’s light. Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.
—Fyodor Dostoevsky
When we were on vacation at The Outer Banks we visited with one of our former foster dogs. Rocky is healthy and happy and he is loved by two very special people. What a joy it was to see him plumped up and frisky.
Sometimes God puts a ministry in your life that you never dreamed of—never asked for. Maybe that ministry doesn’t seem as crucial as feeding starving children or fighting human trafficking.

Maybe it isn’t.

But it’s yours.

Be faithful with the little things, Beloved. Who knows where that faithfulness might lead?

Over at The High Calling today I’m reviewing a book that got me thinking about this very thing. Join me over there?

The Playdates button:

Sharing with Laura Barkat today also:

On In Around button

Comments

I once saw a microscopic look at sand – each grain so different and so incredibly beautiful.

Love gives – always, everywhere.

Thank you for the reminder!

So very true, Laura! This goes hand in hand with what the kids (& me!) have been learning in middle school from Joshua. Know your role – even if it doesn’t look like you want it to. I’m thankful for your encouragement today! Hugs!
    Michelle

“And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.
    —Fyodor Dostoevsky”

Sometimes I wonder if we don’ despair that we’ll ever reach a place where we can love the whole world with an all-embracing love. But thanks be to Jesus Christ, we are promised that it shall be so, someday — in him.

Thank you, Laura, for reminding us that even the little, ordinary things can be a ministry. The Lord comfort and strengthen you today.

Faithful in the little things.. oh, my- this is the Holy Echo of my month. Thanks for driving home a point that God just keeps trying to teach me.

“Be faithful with the little things, who knows where it might lead.” These words hit me so powerfully this, struggling with the little things kind of morning. Thank you for reminding me of the importance of faithfulness. Both mine. And His. ~ jen

Oh, what a blessing to see Rocky, and it is so true, you never know what ministry God will bring your way as we are faithful with whatever He brings our way…love that quote…thanks, Laura 🙂