Playdates with God: The Wonder of Late Nights

It is late and we are getting up early to run a little race and I am trying to work on a book review…but I am tired. I’m thinking about how soft our bed is when the night owl I am married to puts on some music. But it’s not just any music, it’s a dvd concert of this band—the one whose songs we fell in love to over twenty years ago. In those courtship days he would hold my eyes and sing this song to me. It was one of the songs we danced to at our wedding. And I am tired but when I hear the first chords of this song my heart remembers and picks up the beat. It doesn’t take long until I leave my corner of the couch and join him in his big chair. And he whispers in my ear the question from the song—have all these years—all these things between us been good?
And outside the moon is a lopsided smile and the sky laughs with twinkling eyes and we stay up way later than we should.

**The winner of Michele Perry’s book An Invitation to the Supernatural is Pam from Writing…Apples of Gold! Congratulations, Pam! I’ll be in touch.

The Playdates button:

Sharing with Laura Barkat today also:
On In Around button

Comments

1. Alicia Bruxvoort says

I love the way music is such a beautiful piece of your love story! And the way your song inspires me to love my man well! Hope your week’s a great one, Laura.

2. Karina says

🙂 Music stirs something in me. There’s something about it that brings back strong memories. Especially good ones. Kind of like smells for me too.

3. messymarriage says

Awww, that’s so sweet that you two can so easily fall back into the embrace of a spontaneous and romantic moment after all these years. It’s a great reminder to us all to always be open and looking for these opportunities. Love it, Laura!

4. Elizabeth says

Oh Laura, I am simply lost in the romance of the beautiful here. This is a glimpse into love and your heart with fresh eyes. sigh…the moon and music and love what a trio they make.

How awesome, Laura! And made so much more so with your poetic style. Thanks for sharing such a sweet moment with us all. Hope your race went well! Give yourself a hug! Love, Michelle

6. kingfisher says

Lovely Laura, so glad you can have honeymoon moments with your lover (er, husband) even when you’re tired. Your faithfulness and love-giving to each other over the years is a testimony to the sticking power of Jesus Christ’s “I will never leave you” love. God bless you today.

If I can make Nancy blush then I must be over the top! Moments like these are worth recording, though. Hope we never forget the sweetness of our beginning.
    Sent from my iPad

Our little race was so fun. Ro! It was called “The Spooktacular 5K”. Our small group walked/ran together. Some folks ran in costume (I wasn’t that ambitious). A fun time for all.
    Sent from my iPad