My friends, we have done it! This is our last week of memorizing the book of James. What a wonderful journey this has been. I’ve been praying about what to work on memorizing next. Ann and her community are working on sections of Romans. Beth Moore and the LPM siestas are doing something different. What a blessing to see so many women excited about memorizing scripture. Isn’t that a gift? But me? I’m still not sure. I’m having a little bit of brain fatigue from James :). It helps so much to have a community of friends to journey with. Let me know what you are working on this year.

Check out my new tab above for all the scripture memory cards for the book of James.

To download the final memory card:

columbus may 11 067-001

Comments

1. Kate Harden says

To have His Word etched on our hearts – it’s key! It changes everything πŸ™‚

I’m doing the Siesta Scripture Memory Team. Looking forward to seeing what the Lord does with it. May the Lord lead you on what and how to memorize this year!

Blessings to you,

Kate πŸ™‚

Wow! Way to go, Laura and friends. I’m just finishing up my James study, too.. still working at getting all those words scripted on my heart- trusting that He will make them stick πŸ™‚ Blessings to you each as you open your hands to a new challenge this year.

Laura, This is a great way to help others learn Scripture. We did the study in the fall but I didn’t get to Arizona in time to actually start memorizing. I am now joining Ann to memorize parts of Romans. I like the cards idea. I have been printing the verses on index cards and use a ring to hold them together. It seems to work.

Your comment to me at He Cares for You landed in the spam. I found it and commented back.

Great to connect with you here and on Facebook.
    Janis http://www.janiscox.com

Laura, I am putting my toe in the water, hoping to hang in there with Ann in the memorization of sections of Romans. You encourage me, with your sharing of your steady journey in letting your mind memorize His scripture. . . I have never been good at sticking with this. I am praying I do.

Congratulations! I didn’t get past chapter 1 of James. Good for you, you inspiring woman, you!!!

Sometimes a lull to review is a good thing after such a long project. May the Lord guide and revitalize this discipline for you. He is so able to spotlight the verse that names you at a given moment.

You can do it, Jennifer! Ann’s cards are a big help. I did Colossians with her and just taped mine in an old notebook. I treasure that thing. So many sweet thoughts recorded there. I am planning on the Romans Project too. But I”m already behind πŸ˜‰

Did you know that Avery has a template for printing index cards? I used it with my James verses. Made it a little easier–no cutting necessary, all serrated and easy to separate. Ann V. is the one who encouraged me to start memorizing larger chunks of scripture too, Janis. She is such a blessing. I am amazed at how she is able to get women so motivated to do this! Truly a gift from God, that dear one.

Thank you, Alicia! Didn’t you love the James study? (Are you doing Beth Moore’s version?) I still can’t believe it’s been a whole year since I started this. Seems like yesterday…

Oh that would be good. I print the cards out by hand as I memorize them. When I think I have it memorized I go to Scripture Typer and see if I have mastered the verses.

Ann is truly amazing. I met her at Write!Canada about 3 ? years ago. Such an inspiration- before she wrote One Thousand Gifts. I started Under the Cover of Prayer after being inspired by her and her unassuming ways. Just love her. Then I taught my Bible study group her book – (before the study came out) and we all were changed. A miracle.

Blessings,
    Janis

Wow! How wonderful that you memorized the whole book of James! I memorized the first chapter a few years back and loved it, but stopped there. I’ll have to rethink memorizing more now.

I’m starting this week to memorize Psalm 71 with the group at Do Not Depart. It’s only 24 verses. πŸ™‚ But they’re packed full.