31-ish Days of Prayer: A Prayer for My Children

This morning, Lord, they left out of here without a backward glance. And you know how that leaves a mama feeling left behind, don’t you? I was sitting here and thinking–remembering how, when they were so tiny–every night I would bend knee beside their bed before climbing in mine. Now, most nights, they stay up later than I. Remember that prayer, Lord? The one we prayed over them together? I thought this morning might be a good time to pray it once again.

For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. (Ephesians 3:14-21)

Comments

oh … they look like their mama! and there’s nothing wiser and stronger we can do than pray Scripture over our kids, our grandchildren, those we love. and then release, release, release …

2. Nannette Elkins says

Oh those boys!! You got me with those pictures! They sure grow up too fast…My Three Sons were gone before I knew it…all out of the house and I do not like it one bit 🙁 but that is part of life and they are healthy, happy and serving God. Can’t ask for more than that! Blessings to you and your beautiful family. ♥

3. pastordt says

My personal favorite of all the grand prayers in scripture. I’m reading, Laura. Not much time for commenting, but I’m loving these.

4. Mary Gemmill says

Hey Laura- there’s nothing that can surpass praying God’s word over our children whatever age they are- this passage is my favourite scripture of all:)
    Blessings of comfort on your tender mama’s heart my friend.
    Love,
    Mary NZ

5. Mia says

Dear Laura
    I remember when my two were young I was the most important person in their lives, but now they adults in their own right and that makes me sad at times. I am so grateful that their Pappa who is always with them, loves them even more than I do.
    Blessings XX
    Mia

6. soulstops says

Ah, Laura…hearing your mama’s heart…and I love to pray Scripture….that is what I love about Moms in Prayer…blessings to you, dear one 🙂 I bet your kids know how much you love them although they are at that pulling away stage…hugs to you 🙂