Playdates with God: Smitten

We drove over 300 miles—one way—to pick up a little three pound package that would steal our hearts.We drove until the hills flattened out, through lands of patchwork quilt-like barns, where hawks glide in circles over nubby cornfields and red-winged blackbirds gawk from atop road signs. We drove to puppy breath and plump belly and sharp little teeth that nibble ears.
And it seems crazy right now, in the midst of this busy life, to take on a living breathing responsibility; but as Jeff said, “I haven’t been so excited about something for a long time.” There’s never really a perfect time to fall in love, what with all the sacrifice that comes with it. But the house feels more like home again now that this little one is with us, and we smile more easily these past few days. My pockets are filled with training treats and we have stocked up on the carpet cleaner. Life will be even more complicated for a little while.

But it will be sweeter too.

Every Monday I’ll be sharing one of my Playdates with God. I would love to hear about yours. It can be anything: outside, quiet time. Maybe it’s solitary. Maybe it’s loud and crowded. Just find Him. Be with Him. Grab my button at the bottom of the page and join us:

The Playdates button:

Comments

Congrats, Laura! What a cutie! I’ve always loved Boston Terriers. And I hear they are very sweet and compliant too. I guess you know that already! ha! So glad that Bonnie is filling your heart with love and pushing out the grief.

2. bluecottonmemory says

So glad about your puppy! We got one last year – except she’s like a pony to us – and she is just unconditional love. No – I didn’t get her because I needed a spot filled – and I keep reminding the boys of that! LOL – but I love how they’re working out who takes care of her. Congratulations on your new addition! So adorable!

3. Kelly Hausknecht Chripczuk says

“I haven’t been so excited about
    something for a long time.” I love this line, sometimes excitement (joy) is the best guide. We’re thinking about chickens, kittens and pups over here, which also seems a little foolish, but sometimes, I guess, your heart needs something to run after.

My word…what an adorable little puppy face! My cousin {one of my W.Va. kin} has a dog just like yours. Her FB updates with his fotos are just. too. sweet. I think you and your family will be smiling for a long time. Blessings on you and the new family member. So happy for you and this happy new addition. 🙂

5. lindalouise says

I think this dear little package is exactly what the doctor ordered. I am smiling big here in Texas just looking at that sweet face. xoxo

6. Sharon says

OK, that is one precious little pup! Laura, is it a girl or a boy? Have you given him/her a name yet? I can still remember the day my son brought home his beagle. Oh, the fun…(and the chew marks and stains were well worth it!)

Enjoy!!

GOD BLESS!

And a Happy Easter to all!

I know, C, isn’t she beautiful? I will never forget how you prayed for our sweet girl Lucy. We will always miss her and things haven’t felt right since she left us. But Bonnie feels like a new beginning and I know she is going to bring such joy back to our family. 🙂

8. Dawn Paoletta says

That is the sweetest face ever! Pets bless us so much… Like little God snuggles even when they mess the carpet. Trust me , I know first hand. Sigh… but how they love us-and really a dog’s love is so amazingly humbling.